sabato 9 agosto 2014

Joe Barron review ... "I can see myself spending more and more time with this one "Concord".


"Another Concord"
by Joe Barron

"...  . It's an exciting thoughtful performance... . Roberto approaches the "Concord" almost like Bach - not in a way that dries it out, but in way that clarifies the textures and equalizes the independent voices.
I was especially impressed with his treatment of the Hawthorne movement, which has in general been my least favorite of the four.
The timings are longer than on most other recordings. Roberto brings in the piece at just 12 seconds shy of any hour, an almost epic duration and the music only accumulates power as it goes on.
I have at least a dozen recordings of the "Concord", and I can see myself spending more and more time with this one."

Liberated Dissonance
26th, December 2012

http://liberateddissonance.blogspot.it/2012/12/another-concord.html

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento